Friday, March 6, 2009

Movie Making 101

Kim Binfield Photography is now showing in the movies!! Well, ok, we've got our portfolio of portraits being broadcast on YouTube.com but we're still pretty pleased about it :) See our movie here on YouTube or play it on the video screen below:



You too can have your images (of your family, flower photos, travels, teapot collection, whatever you can think up!) made into a "movie" and then broadcast on YouTube. There are many ways to do this, but this is how I did it...

I selected portraits from the last few years of Kim Binfield Photography that I wanted to feature in my movie. The portraits were digital photos in .jpeg format. I also created a few .jpegs in Photoshop for the title and end pages to display the name of my business and website and treated them just like the portrait images when making the movie (basically a slideshow).

Next, I browsed the help files on YouTube and found this article that took me through the process step by step. My computer happened to come with Windows Movie Maker software on it, though there are a number of similar programs that will do the same thing for you. YouTube has numerous other help articles you can also refer to until you are saying "That's a Wrap" on your film too. Happy Movie Making!!

No comments:

Post a Comment